1. Drink Enough Water ~ This can help you burn fat and increase your energy levels. Water also aids in digestion, circulation & absorption. Your skin is made up of cells, like any other cell in the body, they are made up of water. If your skin is not getting the sufficient amount of water, the lack of hydration will present itself by turning your skin dry, tight and flaky. Dry skin has less resilience and is more prone to wrinkling.
2. Maintaining a Healthy Diet ~ This can help prevent common health problems including heart disease and diabetes. There are many small changes in your diet that can make a huge impact on your overall health. Cut down on sodium, eat foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, whole grains, unsaturated fats. Eat more fresh foods such as fresh fruits, vegetables.
3. Exercise ~ This is one of the best ways to stay healthy as you age. The goal now is to sit less and exercise more! This can be fun. Find what works best for you. Is it going to a gym? Maybe it's working out at home or just being fit by enjoying nature. Take a walk or a hike. Go swimming, kayaking, bowling, dancing or ride your bike.
4. Sleep ~ This plays an important role in your physical health. As you drift off to sleep, your body begins its nightshift work: It is healing damaged cells, boosting your immune system, recovering from the day's activities, and recharging your heart & cardiovascular system for the next day.
5. Staying Engaged & Social ~ This can be a lot of fun and keeps us young! Surround yourself with family & friends. Get out there and enjoy life . Make a bucket list and start at the top and really enjoy the life that you have. This can include anything you want to experience in your lifetime.
"Aging is not lost youth but a stage of opportunity and strength" Betty Friedan