Who doesn't love Chex Mix?! It's crunchy combination of flavors is a welcome change from potato chips. The signature Chex Cereal lends itself to a wide variety of flavor profiles. By simply changing a few ingredients, you can go from spicy to salty to sweet! Of course, I'm a big fan of the "Muddy Buddies" or "Puppy Chow" versions which include chocolate and peanut butter. But today we will use Chex Mix in a different way to create a taste sensation! You will taste the sweet mix with a slight tartness, followed by a bit a spice at the end. This combination of flavors may sound like a complicated dish, however it only takes 6 ingredients and about 10 minutes to prep this dish.
Sweet & Spicy Cocoa Party Mix
Ingredients: 1 egg white
1 Tbs water
1 cup Sugar
3 Tbs TCE Sweet & Spicy Cocoa Rub
3 Tbs TCE Raspberry Balsamic
15oz Chex Mix
1. Add egg white and water to a large bowl. Whisk until white foam forms.
2. Add sugar, Cocoa Rub, and Raspberry Balsamic. Mix.
3. Add Chex Mix. Fold in carefully to coat the Chex Mix while not crushing the pieces.
4. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread mixture out to avoid overlapping pieces.
5. Bake at 275* F for 45 minutes, stirring at each 15 minute interval. Allow to cool completely before storing or serving.
If you are sensitive to spice, you may want to reduce the TCE Cocoa Rub to only 2 Tbs. Similarly, if you prefer a more spicy dish, you could add another 1-2 Tbs of TCE Cocoa Rub or Hot Sauce.
Another variation on this recipe is to substitute TCE Fig Balsamic Vinegrette for TCE Raspberry Balsamic Glaze. Without the raspberry flavor, you will lose some of the tang.