When the neighbors give you peaches you make pie! Below is a bonus recipe a friend shared after I posted the end result on Facebook.
This was my first pie from complete scratch ever! Turned out pretty tasty and learned a few things too.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend (I used Namaste Gluten Free Flour, get it at Costco)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water, +1 to 3 additional tablesppons
TIP: Definitely get a thin crust. My lesson learned was I didn't get the crust thin enough.
Extra TIP: I also coated the grease pie pan with a couple tablespoons of sugar. Worked wonderfully!
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I used Namaste Gluten Free Flour, get it at Costco)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
TIP: I would leave out the cinnamon & nutmeg if I were to do it again. Casey did like the extra flavor however.
I did go a little fancy with the cut outs, used a leaf pattern. I have some small cookie cutters from when I made cream cheese mints for our wedding reception.
BONUS Recipe: A friend shared it after I posted my pie on Facebook.
Interested in learning more about gluten free living?