4 cups boiling water
4 tbl dried berries
4 tbl dried flowers
1. Put berries and flowers into quart jar. Pour boiling water over them; put on lid. Let steep 6-12 hours.
2. Strain through fine wire strainer (make sure to press out the liquid from the berries and flowers really well).
3. Pour mixture into pot and reduce over low-medium heat until the mixture is reduced by half.
4. Cool and mix in 1 cup honey. Stir until honey is melted through.
5. Optional: Add 1/2 cup brandy and mix.
Store in closed quart jar in the fridge.
This syrup is wonderful for the immune system.
I also mix my tinctures with it to make them all a little more bearable.
I invite you to watch my video on how to make elderberry syrup.
Give the syrup a boost by adding to the infusion:
A whole cinnamon stick
Whole cloves (about 7-8)
Dried Red Raspberry leaves (2-3 tbs)
Dried Eucalyptus leaves
Dried Comfrey leaves
Wild Cherry Bark – helps with cough
Fresh Sliced Ginger