Don't jump in to get a diet started. The truth of the matter is that you don't fail with dieting. . . diets fail you. Diets that are designed across the board to help every person with the exact same plan don't take into consideration a myriad of particulars about each person.
I can't eat fruit if I want to lose weight. I have a friend who thrives on fresh fruit -- and drops unwanted pounds. Once you are committed to becoming healthier you are pretty close to finding success with a program. That is if the program you choose is the one you design yourself.
Let's get you started:
- Buy a 6x9 spiral notebook and begin to journal.
- Get Real and Be Honest. The first thing to list in your journal is an itemized list in two columns. On the left list the food you know you should eat if you want to be lean and healthy. On the right side list the foods you suspect make you feel unhealthy and gain weight.
- Then start to cook your meals and make note of what you eat each day. Include all ingredients so you can play detective and discover which foods are really best for you.
- If you begin to feel bad (constipation, headache, joint pain are three possibilities) make a note in your journal. Describe how you feel and when you started feeling bad.
- Repeat daily and look for a pattern. Here's an example of what could happen. Let's say you have potatoes with your chicken and salad one night for dinner. The next day you have some upset in your stomach or colon. As the days go on you have rice, veggies, and fish with no problems -- and you make a notation in your handy-dandy journal. After a few days, you go for dinner and the hostess makes twice baked potatoes. The next day you have an upset stomach! BINGO! Now you know potatoes aren't for you.
I believe that the body thrives when it can properly digest food. If you have a sensitivity or allergy to a food the body will not digest it well, and it may lead to gastric issues or weight fluctuations. Understanding why a certain food doesn't agree with you isn't important. The question really is what doesn't agree -- and then you stop eating it!
Join me on my Facebook page Life Health More and hear more about finding your Healthy Weight! Remember it started with ZWL because we all want a
Zesty Wonderful Life